Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nicaragua


This will be a very short post--I'm way behind on projects right now, but I wanted to share a few pictures from my recent trip to Nicaragua. I'll post more after I get my camera cord (left it in SLO, bummer).

One of my nonprofit clients, Operation Mercy Ministries, has a robust humanitarian program in various locations surrounding Managua. I went down with a team (including my dad--that's us in the top picture) to volunteer. Our activities included handing out over 500 Christmas presents to needy children, visiting various feeding sites for children, going to a hospital, and visiting families who live at the city dump.



My company is about to launch OMM's website, so I got some much-needed material for the site. Being able to work with such an organization is a true blessing and privilege. Seeing firsthand the love and appreciation people poured out was achingly rich. I was reminded, once again, that we here may be wealthy with material things, but love and compassion are the true possessions that matter.

Merry Christmas.


No comments: