Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What happens when you cross Wilco and The Grateful Dead.


You get Tea Leaf Green. They're a San Francisco band, and they've been around for a while, but because in addition to shunning the latest fashions (you will never see my ass squeezed into a pair of skinny jeans--they don't look flattering on anyone. I don't care how nice your body is), I'm also oblivious to many great bands and social trends. So I apologize if you all are reading this and going, "you're just now discovering Tea Leaf Green?"
By the way, they're better than the smoothie version of The Dead and Wilco. But you'll see what I mean when you listen to them--same essence. Real fruit.
I recommend you start out with the song, "Flippin' the Bird" to sample their sound. If you like, keep going--their stuff just keeps getting better.


Anyhow, if you want to preview TLG before plunking down $10 on iTunes, you can listen to their full album free on http://www.lala.com/. All you do is sign up for an account, browse the music you want, and add it to your queue. They let you listen to 25 songs free. You're welcome.


Now go to LaLa and discover Tea Leaf Green.

No comments: