Monday, December 21, 2009

Palm Canyon Trail Epic


Palm Canyon Trail Epic. Obvious, no?








Rugged country, that desert is.


This past weekend, the boys and I drove to the Palm Springs area to hit a point-to-point trail in the desert mountains. With the exception of my crash, that occurred 20 minutes into our 5-hour ride, it was a spectacular day. I sideways endoed (would you call that a sidedo?) down an embankment. How was I rewarded for my acrobatics? A nice little cactus. Bum, meet cactus. Cactus, meet bum.



All-in-all, beautiful day. The trail was far more technical than I had anticipated, but I was proud of myself for shutting off my brain enough (Brain: What the F#*%! You can't go over those rocks! Me: No cognitive processing today, brain!) to get through all the rock gardens un-scathed.


Enjoy the pics.



P.S. For Christmas, I would like some sharper tweezers.

No comments: