Monday, September 21, 2009

The Monday train wreck.

I don't know what it is about Mondays, but every Monday, without fail, I feel like a train has run me over and left me in the dust to flop. My head hurts, my hand-eye coordination doesn't function, and I have a hard time connecting brain waves to work duties. Typically, by 2 p.m. or so, this starts to wear off, and I feel like my more normal self.

See, I find this puzzling, because I'm a morning person. I love mornings. I thrive in the morning--I'm usually up early, drinking coffee, attacking my day. E calls this cafecito. He's not a morning person, so when I'm springing around the house, buzzing and ready to go, he's like, woman, over to the corner. Calm the freak down. The day is yet young. And I'm like, cafecito! Drink more cafecito!*

But Mondays? It feels more like 10 p.m. for me. I often finding myself holding my eyelids open, looking for some sort of apparatus on my work desk that will prop them open so I can send out e-mails and function in my job. I guess the weekend riding, vino, and not getting to bed at 10 p.m. catch up with me.

Excuse me. I need to go find some more cafecito.


*For all of you non-Spanish speakers out there, "cafecito" is another way to say coffee.

No comments: