Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The things I find on Pandora.


So, in the interest of laziness, I'm choosing not to drag my ENTIRE CD collection into work to transfer onto my iTunes playlist. This time. I've done it twice before, and it's freakin' time consuming. All of those insert CD, rip, eject, repeat sequences take time, people, and I've got for reals work to do now.


This time, I'm going to try to survive on pure Pandora Music. I'm assuming all of you have heard about this--if not, check it out: Pandora.com. It just may change your life. And it's free. *


Anyhow, the quick and sweet version is that you enter artists you like, and it creates playlists for you based on that genre of music. Tip: Pick a lot of different artists, then hit the "quickmix," which is essentially shuffle. You'll never get bored of your music selection, particularly if your artist style ranges from Otis Redding to Donavan Frankenreiter, as mine does.


Anyhow, Pandora is also a great way to discover new music. That's actually the whole point of this post. CHECK OUT MARTIN SEXTON. He's awesome. My Pandora selection kept playing this song "Thought I knew ya," and I was hooked.





*It's not salvation, kids. It's Pandora.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I've been a Pandora nut for some time now. It's pretty great, and definitely beats uploading all of those cds!

Anonymous said...

i'm a little confused, why not just use your ipod and transfer the music from your ipod to the different computer? easy to do and you can put your music on up to 5 computers...

Joanna said...

Because my iPod sucks and only holds 400 songs. I need to upgrade, but until then, it's Pandora.