Saturday, July 11, 2009

I can't not watch.

I held out for two days--not following any Tour coverage. But you know what it felt like? It felt like I had been grounded, forced to stay in my room, with only a meager serving of stale bread once a day. It was pure punishment and torture. And I realized that while watching the Tour on DVD--without knowing the outcome of each stage--could potentially mimic the experience of watching it unfold in July, I simply don't have the tenacity to hold out. So I'm following anything I can get my eyes on via online blogs, videos, and VeloNews coverage, and though it's not the same, at least now I feel like I can experience a little bit of the action.

In other news, my dad bought himself a mt. bike for my birthday present. But you see--it's actually the perfect present. I've always wanted to ride with him again, so now we'll be able to.

He's clever, that man.

No comments: