Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom

It's Mother's Day, and my mom is across the country in Oregon, visiting my sister and her family. It's been years since I actually saw my mom on this "holiday." I'm glad she's able to spend it with at least one of her children this year.

My mom, a.k.a., Domestic Godess, can do it all: Sew curtains, tile a bathroom, grow perfect roses and tomatoes, cook delicious food, and keep her house in perfect order. I'm basically a domestic flop, so I'm a little in awe of her skills.

She's always been the one to keep things organized, on-task, and together. She worries about the details and repairs the frayed ends. She puts back together what I manage to break and undo and still loves me at the end of the day.

Happy Mother's, Day, Mom. Maybe next year I'll get to spend this holiday with you.

No comments: