Thursday, April 02, 2009

Anticipating the SLO


Next Tuesday I fly out to California. First stop after LAX: SLO. My parents are picking me up, and we’re driving straight up there. I’m having very weird feelings about it all right now. I’m completely thrilled that I’ll be seeing my most favorite people, whom I haven’t seen in over two years, but I’m also having very distinct chest palpitations as my heart is quite clearly readying itself to leave my body and implant itself firmly in the ground there. It has already forewarned me that I may be leaving SLO after only a day and a half, but it is quite intent on staying.

I’ve been having very vivid SLO dreams lately. They wake me up and rob me of sleep for the rest of the night. I swear I love that town far deeper than I’ve ever loved a human being. It’s a strange, strange affair we have going on.

After we depart SLO town (minus my soul), we’ll head down to Balboa Island. My parents are renting a house there and are seriously considering moving to la isla for reals. My sister and her boys will be joining us for the remainder of the week. Here are some tentative goals I’ve outlined for my vay-cay:

  1. Absorb as much sun as I can.
  2. Wear shorts EVERY DAY.
  3. Drink as much wine as my liver mother will permit.
  4. That is all.





1 comment:

Tamara Irminger-Underwood said...

Our goals are similar. I, too, am looking forward to sun (I won't even mind a sunburn;) wearing flimsy clothes; Drinking as much wine as you; and running on the beach. Looking forward to next week, sans your soul.