Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tour of California: A Tribute to the Fans.





Here, my friends, is a gallery showcasing cycling fans at their best. You should all go home, right now, and convince your children to become professional bike racers when they grow up. I mean, how fucking motivating are these fans? In what other sport will fans camp out, in the cold, on a mountain, strip down, stay solidly drunk for two days, and then run alongside you screaming and telling you to PEDAL HARDER. I'm so proud of these devoted California fans. I'm just so proud. 

2 comments:

tamara said...

I don't know if I'd rather be a professional racer or a spectator. I think I'd rather drink than pedal harder...Can't wait to see you in April.

Anonymous said...

You didn't post the pix of the nut case in the speedo and antlers on his head. I'm surprised they could run in a fairly straight line after drinking as much as they must have to be seen on nat. tv in their get-ups.
they were pretty entertaining for sure.