Friday, October 31, 2008

In honor of Halloween: Some scary facts about me


1.  . My freshman year of high school, I wore Wrangler jeans EVERY SINGLE DAY. I remember feeling so proud of myself for that. Never once did I let down my guard and wear something practical, like shorts, on days when it was 100 degrees. I grew up in a VERY small, redneck town. My wrangler-wearing fad didn’t even seem odd around there. That, in itself, is frightening.

2.    . In college, I dated the captain of the bowling team. This wasn’t like, intramural bowling. This was an honest-to-god official school team. He took it very seriously.

3. . Freshman year of college: I went to the bike shop, and with a straight face, asked them to install aero bars on my mt. bike. This was a few years before I joined the cycling team, and subsequently, knew anything about cycling. The mt. bike was my “get around town and excersise! bike.” The man at the shop, God bless him, compiled with my wishes and even gave me a discount and installed them for me.

4.   One of my great aspirations when I was somewhere between the age of 7 and 10, was to somehow plaster my bangs so high with hairspray that people sitting behind me wouldn’t be able to see.

5    At one point in my late teens, I thought it would be really awesome to have at least three kids by the time I was in my late 20s. I even had their names picked out. 

6.    . I really wanted to marry Garth Brooks when I was 14. 

6 comments:

Tamara Irminger-Underwood said...

Umm, I'd like to amend no. 5, you actually wanted THREE children by the time you were 24 and you forgot scary fact no. 7, you wanted a cowboy boot tattoo. Yeah baby!

Paul Jones said...

#1 should also say that you had a slab of ham at EVERY meal. Even Thanksgiving.

Joanna said...

Oh. I forgot about that. I think I've blocked it out of my memory.

mom said...

You come by it genetically. Your dad (and you, I might add) actually thought a good FIRST car for you would be a 1 ton flat bed truck...stick shift. You actually drove that monster around town. That was scary.

mom

mom said...

You come by it genetically. Your dad (and you, I might add) actually thought a good FIRST car for you would be a 1 ton flat bed truck...stick shift. You actually drove that monster around town. That was scary.

mom

mom said...

You come by it genetically. Your dad (and you, I might add) actually thought a good FIRST car for you would be a 1 ton flat bed truck...stick shift. You actually drove that monster around town. That was scary.

mom