Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Winston-SalArctica

Okay. I’m sick of the cold. I am craving sunshine, leaves on the trees, humidity. I cannot believe I ever complained about it being “too hot.” Ha. It is currently the same temperature here, in Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA as it is in Moscow, RUSSIA. What the hell?
I can take a few days of cold, the single snow day. It’s kind of fun. Novel. But we’re going on week 3 of temps in the teens-30 degrees. We’ve had snow. Today it’s freezing rain. Enough already.
I know that in places such as the Northeast, or Midwest, our current temps could be considered balmy. I specifically did not move to those regions because of their definition of “balmy.” I moved to temperate NC.
I’ve commenced running again, which is fantastic, and my foot feels far better than it did pre-surgery. However, running in the cold isn’t my favorite pastime.
So, Mr. Sunshine, come back and visit us. I miss you.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I stumbled upon your blog. Welcome to Winston!