Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mae



I’ve been negligent in my blogging as of late. Here’s my excuse: I started a new job at work, which I’m very excited about, but it’s also very time consuming at the moment because I’m still editing. I’ve switched to account services with Wachovia, so basically, I’m working as the go-between between Wachovia and our agency. They threw me in with two huge projects, and in the same week, two of the other editors were out, so it was just a crazy work week.

I’ve also adopted a dog. Mae. She’s completely taken over my heart. I never thought I had a maternal instinct, and I’m still very much on the fence about ever wanting children, but some sort of maternal-thing has overcome me with Mae. I miss her when I’m at work, and I rush home at lunch for a visit. She sleeps on the floor near my bed each night, and I’ve been waking up at 6 every morning to take her for her walk/run (early mornings at the office lately—but normally, I don’t have to be at work until 9). She’s reportedly a Boxer/Lab mix, but I’m a little doubtful about the Lab part; the Boxer side definitely dominates. Cullen thinks she’s the result of some back-alley loving, which is probably accurate.
She turned one in July. I adopted her from a foster/dog rescue group in town. I can’t say enough about her temperament: she’s just a complete doll. Cullen’s quite taken with her, too. Mae and I spent our weekend at Cullen’s house, and she behaved very well while we were out on our long run, doing errands, and having dinner with friends.
I’m slightly worried that I’m becoming one of those over-doting (annoying) dog owners who sends pictures of the dog for Christmas cards and reports on the dog’s growth in terms of percentiles. So I apologize in advance if I get carried away…I’m just completely taken by my new girl.

No comments: