Monday, July 09, 2007

A little neurotic

I’m gearing up. I can feel my neurosis hitting. Moving always sets me into a wild-eyed panic, as in, I have to have everything unpacked, decorated, and shiny the same day I move in. So, being that my house closes at 9 a.m. tomorrow, I’m getting prepared for a full day of marathon unpacking craziness.
I don’t know why I turn into such a, well, fill in the blank as you choose, but my normally calm, easygoing self is possessed by something quite other when it comes to moving and unpacking. I took tomorrow and Wednesday off of work to facilitate my moving rush. (It’s always a competition, right?) I know that I could, like a normal person, wait until this weekend to do my miscellaneous house shopping and tie-up loose ends, but I can’t wait that long. By Wednesday night, the place will be home. Or else.
I’m agitated by a few hang-ups, that right now, are hindering the “completion” process: I ordered a new mattress through Sealy, one of our clients, so I received a discount, but because the mattress is coming directly from the factory, it’s not here yet. My room won’t be complete until it comes in, and that disturbs me. Also, I haven’t yet bought a washer and dryer. They’re plentiful on Craigslist, but I’m (deep breaths) trying to wait until this weekend, mostly to spare my boyfriend the moving hassle.
It will be a miracle if Cullen and I survive this week. He’s the type who still has boxes unpacked and rooms unfurnished, three years after being in his house. But, to his credit, he’s being tremendously accommodating of my craziness, and we’ve had the “okay, so I’m going to be a little neurotic this week…” talk. He’s handling it well.
I’ll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Tamara Irminger-Underwood said...

Okay, I'm ready for you to post some neurotic photos so we can see how your new pad is decorated.